Our estate, a family concern started in 1955, is situated in Fontenay-près-Chablis, in the north-east of the Chablis region, on the right bank of the Serein River. For the first ten or so years the founder, Mr De Oliveira, worked for neighbouring winegrowers while tending his own vineyards at the same time. In 1965 he decided to focus exclusively on his estate of 7 hectares, and went into partnership with his brother-in-law, Mr Lecestre, in order to expand. They continued to increase the estate, planting vines, investing in new winemaking buildings and buying high-clearance tractors to improve productivity and facilitate work in the vineyard. In 1997 Mr De Oliveira took well-deserved retirement and his daughter took over the running of the business. Her father remains active on the estate where his advice is always welcomed. In 2004 his granddaughter joined the team, making the third generation to date to work on the estate.
We currently cultivate 48 hectares of vines, spread across the four Chablis denominations: 8.44 hectares of Petit Chablis, 34.99 hectares of Chablis, 4.29 hectares of Chablis Premier Cru and 0.28 hectares of Chablis Grand Cru.
Our aim is to promote the high quality wines that we produce and to pass on the joy we have taken in making the fabulous nectar that is Chablis wine.